In July 2018, the French Government, in close collaboration with the Regional Councils, launched a call for applications to designate clusters for the period 2019-2022. The aim of this call was to select clusters capable of carrying a European ambition.
Phase IV of the clusters
At the end of this procedure, the Prime Minister decided to follow the recommendations of the selection committee, and to assign the “cluster” label to the selected candidates under the conditions specified below:
- 48 poles are certified for a period of 4 years (2019-2022)
- 8 poles are certified for a period of 1 year, extendable to 4 years under certain conditions
The support of PNO Consultants
PNO Consultants supported the 2 leading clusters of the bio-economy: IAR and Qualitropic during this certification process. The work areas focused on:
- Elaboration of a roadmap in terms of innovation over 4 years
- Structuring of the financing plan
- Review of the application before submission
PNO Consultants is pleased to note that the 2 poles have been fully certified by the Prime Minister. This label will allow both clusters to actively participate in the national bio-economy strategy but also to facilitate access to European funding for their members.