A public higher education and research institution from Romania founded in 1991 wants to join projects consortium to apply for European calls. The University has a Research Centre for Electronic Systems and Intelligent Control and is looking for partners to apply to research projects dedicated to nanotechnologies, advanced materials, and advanced manufacturing processes.
The University is one of 34 universities included in U-Multirank for Romania, being a midsize public university with 4660 students enrolled. It aims to achieve the status of an advanced education and research institution, to offer high-performing study programs on all cycles of the university and postgraduate training, to generate research and innovation capacity, to attract the best researchers and the best-performing students, and to meet the demands of society. The Research Center for Electronic Systems and Intelligent Control is a research unit of the Faculty of Exact Sciences and Engineering and is registered on the EERIS platform. The Center's activity is carried out in the field of applied research in the field of Applied Electronics, Informatics, and Mathematics with an orientation toward the development of science, education, economy, services, and community relations. The equipment is available in 11 labs for data science, smart city lab, robotics, electronic and electric measurements, simulation and control, medical electronics, automotive testing, energy audit, digital electronics, power electronics, multimedia technology, and nanotechnology. The University is looking for partners to apply to research projects dedicated to nanotechnologies, advanced materials, and advanced manufacturing processes. It has an Electrochemistry and Corrosion Laboratory (ECL), a structure registered in the EERIS platform. ECL provides a well-equipped facility in which they conduct research focusing on materials corrosion science, metal electrodeposition, functional materials, and innovative technologies for environment protection (electrocoagulation). The laboratory supports faculty research, the Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Program, and instruction in several courses, including basic Electrochemistry and Corrosion or Wastewater treatment courses. Services within the laboratory: • Investigations on the metal corrosion mechanism; Finding and testing of new efficient innoxious corrosion inhibitors for the protection of metals (steel, copper, tin, bronze, iron, etc.); Evaluation of the anticorrosion properties of various coatings applied on metals by electrochemical and physical-chemical methods; Metal electrodeposition studies using electrochemical techniques (electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, polarisation curves, voltammetry, chronoamperometry, etc.); Testing new methods (electrocoagulation, electrodeposition, ion-exchange, adsorption) for the removal of the heavy metals from wastewaters. • Material simulation and modeling • Big data analytics and Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision Applications • Intelligent energy-saving solutions in urban mobility
Advantages and innovations
Contact / source
- The institution undertook the evaluation by The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, being granted the “High Confidence Rating”.
- Experience in research and development in different fields and in collaborating on international projects.
- The university has concluded general collaboration agreements and ERASMUS+ partnerships with more than 190 universities and institutions around the world.
- The institution is included in the university associations AUDEM (Alliance of Universities for Democracy), ACRU (Association of Carpathian Region Universities), and CODCR (Council of Danube Cities and Regions).
- The University can play different flexible roles in a project: tester and communication, dissemination, exploitation partner: The institution’s existing network, its role as an intermediary among different stakeholders (research, industry, umbrella organizations), and its track record in dissemination initiatives related to materials, make it the ideal partner to spread material innovation and research results.
: NEXT EEN Widgets (europa.eu)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE
ABOUT THIS PROJECT PLEASE
REGISTER AS FREE MEMBER OR LOGIN IF ALREADY REGISTERED