A Dutch spin-off SME is specialized in nanoimprint lithography. Most important advantage is the ability to make very high resolution nano and micro structures on large wafers of up to 300 millimetres at easy scalable volume and low costs through a reduction of process steps. The SME is interested in commercial agreements with technical assistance to companies interested in developing and producing both low and high volume wafer based nanostructured products.
A Dutch spin-off SME develops and sells machines, materials and processes for nanoimprint solutions. The SME is specialized in ‘Substrate Conformal Imprinting Lithography’ (SCIL). SCIL is a cost effective, robust, high yield process enabling nanometre resolution on a large variety of substrates. Satisfying the rapidly increasing demand for products with nano imprinted components, SCIL delivers proven, high quality imprints on large areas up to 300 millimetres. It can be used to make nano and micro patterns with feature sizes down to less than 10 nanometres. And because of the unique properties of the used imprint sol-gel material resist that is applied by capillary action, SCIL saves time by directly producing a hard-etch mask or functional layer. Unlike conventional lithography processes, SCIL has fewer defects. Compared to other imprint lithography processes SCIL causes less damage to the materials thanks to its soft conformal stamp. Patterns are imprinted over particle contaminants and distortions are dissipated in the soft rubber layer. Improving yield, this results in lower operation costs and high quality output of the produced products on the wafers. Single layer nano-patterning is a key process step for a multitude of applications. Nanoimprint lithography solutions can be used to create functional structures at nano scale enabling manufacturers of light emitting diodes substrates, lasers, micro optical devices, (bio)sensors, solar cells, display covers, micro electromechanical systems (MEMS), photonic crystals and many other products to increase performance and reduce costs. The Dutch SME is interested in commercial agreements with technical assistance with manufacturers of wafer based products with nano (and micro) patterns. To come to the wafer based products the Dutch SME will support the manufacturer with in-house wafer production with: - R&D and process development - Tooling and processes for small series and high volume production - Mature supply chain of sol-gel resist materials - Dedicated processes for their requirements. The partner is desired to produce the wafer based products and/or to be active in the value chain from engineering to sales of concerning wafer based products.
Advantages and innovations
Contact / source
- The offered Substrate Conformal Imprinting Lithography (SCIL) technology has a number of benefits, advantages and innovations.
- Most important advantage and innovation is that the SCIL nano patterning technology has a good etch resistance with a directly patterned hard etch mask that saves two process steps and time. Another advantage is a good thermal stability with directly patterned functional layers. Transparency makes it suitable for optical applications (products with nano patterns with feature sizes down to less than 10 nanometres) from ultraviolet to infrared. Patterning of more layers is possible.
- A number of benefits are:
- A large contact area
- No damage to stamp or substrate
- Low cost stamp with extended life time
- Multiple stamps from one master
- Lower flatness requirement of substrate
- Freedom of resist type (organic, inorganic, hybrid)
- The offered nanoimprint lithography is a cost effective, robust high quality and high yield process for the creation of both nano and micro patterns on wafers. Once ready to go into volume production an automated process ensures easy scalability of up to 60 wafers per hour. The dimensions of the wafers may vary from 2 inch – 12 inch (50 millimetres – 300 millimetres).
: NEXT EEN Widgets (europa.eu)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE
ABOUT THIS PROJECT PLEASE
REGISTER AS FREE MEMBER OR LOGIN IF ALREADY REGISTERED